Messy Friday Nights



74 Welbeck Street
London, W1G 0BA

Central London has a wide array of food establishments to choose from, and usually our hunger needs can be catered to within a 5 mile radius however this one night, I found a dark, mysterious cave hidden in the back streets of the busy city...


With a firm bouncer guarding the door, I waited in a short queue. Roughly 20 minutes later, I was ushered into a hardly lit, skeptical, buzz of a restaurant, heaving with Londoners and tourists anticipating being directed to a creaky chair and wobbly table to dine at. An American diner style menu with a cynical twist; burgers, fries, onion rings and milkshakes were pretty much the standard and after a recommendation from a friend, I knew exactly what I was going for - Buffalo Chicken Burger, Fries and Onion Rings.

I've found that buffalo sauce presents a marmite situation - you either love it or hate it and I love it! The twang it gives food lights up my pallet for real! About 15 minutes after I’d ordered, it all arrived; a dirty, excessive excuse for a late night feast. The succulent grilled chicken breast was smothered in buffalo sauce, spilling out on to the tissue paper meals are served on. The iceberg lettuce was protected by a brioche bun which was soft and sweet, rounding off the whole combo and balancing the often face scrunching flavour of buffalo sauce. The unstable table shook as I picked up my dinner and the first bite had my eyes closed and body dancing - heaven! The fries, I found a little too salty and the onion rings, a sound attempt but not quite GBK or Greedy Cow, a little too soggy for me.

I honestly could've had 2 burgers and no sides; it was that satisfying! This joint is not for the faint hearted but instead for those who eat vigorously and carelessly. With a few branches in London and outside of the capital, you are guaranteed to 'Come Hungry, Leave Full'.




Meat Liquor.


Verdict? CHEWS :)
Can.x

No comments: