Bottoms Up! Bottomless Brunch - NY


120 Essex St
New York, NY
One of the main reasons that I am totally obsessed with this city (New York) is because of all the free-spirited, highly talented creatives racing through the streets all hours of the day and night. Meaning you have the potential to bump into literally anyone, anywhere.

Bottomless Mimosa's
One super-talented fashionista I met whilst in the city last summer was @SarahGentillon a freelance stylist. Having been in the city for 2months already (time flies!) we were desperate for a catch up.

Sarah recommended ‘EssexNYC’- a hot brunch spot with unlimited Mimosa’s, Screw Drivers or Bloody Mary’s, and a main dish all for $24.99 - sounded like a plan to me!

EssexNYC is located in one of my favourite parts of Manhattan - The Lower East Side (LES). A deceptive spot, which one would not know existed unless informed of it as the entrance is pretty grim. Black shutters and a black painted door, held up by a not so friendly door man.

Once inside however you are welcomed into an upbeat bright spacious converted warehouse with extremely high ceilings and white walls. Inside there are two storeys: a balcony area and the main area. We sat up on the balcony space.

Mexican Matzo
I’m not sure if it was the sound of laughter, the chatter or the tasteful sound of 90’s R&B classics, but I felt right at home. Starving as always the warm spirited staff immediately poured us some water (the weather here has been beautiful as of late) and handed us the menu. 

Whilst we deliberated on what to eat, the waitress brought over some bread and butter to fill the gap and we ordered two mimosa’s.
These bottomless brunches are way too dangerous!

The menu hosted some interesting options, and refreshingly not the typical american brunch menu.
I opted for 'The Aristocrat' - Potato Pancakes, house-cured salmon gravlax, salmon caviar, sour cream and traded in the standard poached eggs for scrambled eggs. ( I am not a fan of poached eggs..eww!). The waiter did forget to trade out the eggs (hence the poached eggs in the picture however quickly realised and brought over some scrambled eggs instead.

Sarah opted for the 'Mexican Matzo Brei' which was: scrambled eggs, tortilla crisps, avocado, Monterey jack, black beans and pico de gallo.

Whilst we waited on our food, the waiters and waitresses kept the drinks flowing (Oh so dangerous!). Our food arrived piping hot and beautifully presented.

The Aristocrat
If I attempted to give a detailed review of the quality of the food right now, it would be an absolute lie. I do not drink very often and have been making the conscious effort to detox after a glutinous birthday week so the mimosa’s got me good.

What I can tell you is that when anyone comes to visit me, this is the FIRST place I will be taking them. From what I can gather, the food was good, the vibe even better and staff? One of a kind!

Rating? Chews of course! Or should I say Cheers!
Rating 3/5

Jam x




No comments: