Pesci Pick of the Week

Wasabi
Salmon Teriyaki
£6.25
Being a pescatarian (a noun used to describe a person who only eats fish as their main source of protein), I am often questioned on how difficult it is finding food on the go. 

There are also several misconceptions surrounding pescatrian-ism (yes she did just make that word up). Many assume, including Microsoft word dictionary, that the word is either misspelt or simply does not exist. It is also often thought that, we eat some meats including chicken, or the complete reverse - we only eat vegetables. My reasons for going pescatarian I’ll save that for another post, but in the meantime, I’ll share my 'Pesci Pick of the Week'.


After a recommendation from a close friend (shout out for putting me on), and a hectic couple of days at work, I chose to buy lunch and take a trip to Wasabi. Not a fan of Sushi (yes I know, I’m a pesci that doesn't appreciate cold fish), I have steered clear of Wasabi. Whilst their Chicken Katsu looks great, by way of fish outside Sushi, I assumed they had nothing else to offer. Oh how wrong I was...

The picture above does the Salmon Teriyaki no justice! The fish is absolutely cooked to perfection; seated on a bed of sticky white rice (so perhaps not a dish for the carb conscious) the salmon was moist, soft, very lightly battered and drizzled in finger licking Teriyaki sauce.

This dish is perhaps a little heavy if you plan to be seated for the rest of the day, but does keep you full until dinner time. 

Service wise, do not expect 5 stars. More like primary school canteen style interaction; rushed and unfriendly - but dare I say, it is worth the abuse. 

Give it a go and let us know what you think…



Jam. x


Overall WOM Rating: 4 kisses out of 5
Verdict? CHEWS :)

No comments: