Quarter Life Crisis - Exhale

Yes, Quarter (25years)


I was particularly taken aback, when whilst on a hunt for the perfect 25th Birthday Card for my friends birthday (first of many) there were no cards to mark, what for us, was a momentous occasion.

Maybe 25th Birthdays weren't so special after all? Can't be! If not, why were so many of us having quarter life crisises?




" I am supposed to be married with 2.5 kids, and beautiful husband in a Mariah Carey sized mansion"

"What is this life all about, why am i wasting my time here?"
"I haven't achieved enough yet"

"Am I walking in my purpose"

"Why am i not engaged yet?"

"Why am I still single?"

"IS this life?!?"
I know we are not alone with these thoughts, but for some strange reason the big 2-5 presents a great sense of urgency, re-evaluation, a change in perspective as well as the beginning of a desperate scramble to get our lives together before the even bigger 3-0.

If I continued to share my thoughts on twenty-five and my own quarter life crisis (bearing in mind my 25th birthday is a good few months away) this post would be never ending. Instead lets talk cute birthday venues, amazing staff and service and quirky photobooths.. we present to you -  Hoxton Grill.

Shoreditch


It's about that time when everyone is coughing or sneezing on the train, not quite Christmas and no longer summer, we become short on  places to visit and events to attend.

It was time for another girls link up, and we wanted somewhere cutesy, with good clean food, an open plan and relaxed enough to allow us to cackle as loud and long as we desired - Hoxton Grill.

The venue is simply - dope.

Consisting of different rooms varying from: private rooms styled as cute cottages in the country, diner styled tables in the main arena for a relaxed steakhouse feel, to a beautiful nature filled greenhouse in the centre of the restaurant with ceiling windows and marbled tables, plants and fairy lights. Fortunately we were able to dine in the Greenhouse on this particular day.

In true Soho House style, the menu is minimalistic yet varied, something for everyone.

For mains, I ordered the whole Seabass, Chips and once I saw that Mac and Cheese was on the menu it was a no-brainer! It was lightly grilled, full of flavour and was the perfect match for the crispy coated chips.

We must take a moment (and new paragraph) to talk about the macaroni and cheese though! So creamy So cheesy so good.  It is served in a generously sized dish, between the three of us we were sadly unable to finish it.

The others opted for the cheeseburger. Might we add the staff bent over backwards to source gluten free bread in the absence of a gluten free burger bun - its the little things that count.

The staff at Hoxton Grill were second to none, oh so attentive. Due to BPT one of our friends were particularly late, and I wasn't exactly on time myself, so one of the girls were left waiting for us to arrive. Instead of leaving her alone and occasionally bothering her to prompt her to order another drink, the waiter took the time to introduce himself, entertain some small talk and topped up her drink (of water- I know what you're thinking!) whilst she waited.


For milestone birthdays, I would recommend this place. For extremely special occasions, I would recommend renting the Greenhouse trust me it will be well worth it!



On this occasion, I made it a priority to save space for dessert - brownie and ice cream obviously!


Once you're done eating, you are free to join the relaxed crowd at the bar or channel your inner millennial and spend the night taking pictures of you and your friends in the Photo Booth (as if you don't have enough already in your iPhone gallery).

Hoxton Grill is an overall really great time, with so much to do and so many personalities under one roof - you can never be bored.

Check it out and tell them we sent you!

Overall WOM Rating: 4.5/5
Verdict? Chews!


No comments: