Its All About Location

354-356 Green Lanes, Palmers Green,
London 
N13 5TJ
Like almost every other human being on the globe, I set new New Years resolutions every New Year. Sadly statistics suggest that only 8% of people who set these resolutions actually achieve and stick to them. So to make sure that I am a part of the 8% club year after year, I set my goals a little earlier than most (Oct/Nov) to make sure that I get well into the swing of things ahead of the New Year.

With my love affair with food not coming to an end anytime soon, I decided I really needed to get serious about my fitness, as after all pizza, waffles and cocktails never got anyone tight abs! So I joined the gym in November and have managed to maintain my schedule so much so that has become habitual.

Only problem is, there is a lovely, cost-friendly, service with a smile, Italian restaurant almost next door to the gym. Go figure...


One cold evening after a mediocre gym session I gave in and called my Mum to come and grab a quick bite with me.

For a very reasonable £30 (including a tip and service charge) we were able to order 2 soft drinks each, one starter and 2 mains served by staff were extremely attentive, always on hand to help (without over doing it), so lets get into it!


Garlic Bread 
with
Mozzarella
For starters there were a wide variety of options ranging from Calamari Fritti (deep fried squid served with tartar sauce) to Seafood Salad to Garlic Bread with Mozzarella. As tempting as the Seafood Salad sounded, after looking out the window at the beautiful snowflakes beginning to descend from the sky, I just knew it would not keep me warm in the same way some glorious carbs would;
so to make ourselves feel better, my Mum and I decided to share a Garlic Bread with Mozzarella - which was practically a pizza! At only £3.90 a pop and served hot with soft medium thick dough, melted mozzarella and sprinkled with garlic and black pepper, I was left feeling comfortable and content in no time.Clearly I didn't feel guilty enough just yet because next I ordered Tagliatelle ai Fungi as my main.
Tagliatelle ai Fungi


The pasta dish is simply but effectively prepared - tagliatelle pasta with mushrooms and cream sauce. The sauce was smooth, creamy and incredibly rich. I am not the biggest fan of mushrooms due to their rubbery texture but paired the other elements, for me, it added an interesting and tolerable slant to the dish. As promised, so done.

The meal in total was perfect for something this impromptu.

Location wise, it's on Green Lanes, Palmers Green, and if you visit in the evening you are guaranteed to be spoilt for parking spaces on the surrounding roads.
The vibe of the restaurant is relatively sultry with dim lighting and cute finishing touches such as the glass covered sand pit upon entry/exit.

I would recommend this place for a quick couples dinner or an appropriate finish to a busy day.


Verdict? CHEWS :)
Jam.x

No comments: