Cheap n Cheerful!

Vital Ingredient
Butternut, Lentil 

and Spinach Soup

Working in the city, lunchtime goes one of two ways: either you are REALLY excited for lunch and can’t wait to try somewhere new, or you are utterly bored of the repetitive options.
Of course the former best describes my approach. 
Stuck on what to eat one day, and feeling a little chilly to say the least, I decided to try something different and see what ‘Vital’ had to offer. 

Well renowned for their bespoke salads (they allow you to choose the ingredients and whip a salad together right before your very eyes), I noticed that they had a hot food counter. Determined to have a more balanced diet and be more conscious of what I am putting into my temple going forward, I had made my decision to get soup; it was just a matter of selecting the correct one.


Not only are the staff friendly, and well informed but they also offer generous samples, if like me, you can be indecisive. After tasting a sip, I decided on the butternut lentil and spinach soup - perfection. I ordered a large soup with a wholemeal roll, all for under £5 and did I mention they also offer free toppings? WINNING!!! 


The soup is not too thick, has a generous helping of potatoes, lentils and chickpeas; and it has a warming ever so slightly spiced taste to it. Butternut gives it a smooth, wholesome texture with a slightly sweet edge.
I was left feeling full but not stuffed, revitalised and guilt free.

Vital’s Butternut Lentil and Spinach Soup is definitely top of my list of cheap cheerful and calorie conscious, lunch choices.
Verdict? Chews :)



Jam. x

No comments: